Kaech Homestead c.1929 - LE Print
Kaech Homestead c.1929 - LE Print
This is the historic "Kaech House" in the rural countryside along State highway 6 in Frances, Washington known for its 'Moonshine' still.
The 3 story farm house was built in 1929 by immigrants of Switzerland. It was almost entirely paid for by proceeds from the area famous Kaech family's 'Moonshine' still in the barn on the property. Although the 'Prohibition' of alcohol was in full swing in those years, the Kaech's were widely known for their quality moonshine and sold it on a regular basis. The turquoise blue clear bottles depicted on the front porch are what the Kaech's bottled there famous product in.
This was a piece commissioned to me at the request of Debbie Clements, one of the grand daughters of Mrs. Kaech here depicted on the porch. It was painted from a tiny 3" black and white snapshot for reference -decades old- along with her explanation of memories she had as a child. Thankfully, she was able to relate them to me in great detail. Her memories of the fence, the yard, the flower types, the moonshine bottles on the porch, the Swiss flag, the all the colors depicted here are from her memory. Without her precious input, the paintings accuracy would have never been possible!
The house was torn down in the summer of 2011 and rebuilt to look very close to the original!
11 x 15 1/2”
Limited Edition, Signed/Numbered Prints on Acid Free 19 mil, 305 gsm. with a Cold Pressed watercolor paper texture.
Other sizes possibly available by request. Contact the Artist
ABOUT THE PRINTS:
LIMITED EDITION FINE ART GICLEE PRINTS:
- Printed on the beautiful textured bright white textured Epson Cold Press Watercolor paper. 100% Acid Free 82lb (305 gsm) Cotton Rag, 19 mil thick.
- pH buffered with calcium carbonate for a true archival sheet.
- Signed/numbered by Artist below the image. You may request a signature on the image also.
- Approximately a 1 inch white border.
HOW THE ARTWORK IS PRINTED:
- Professionally scanned at 10,000 dpi
- Carefully color matched to the original artwork for accuracy
- Professionally printed with the large-format, Epson printer using Ultrachrome Archival non fading pigmented inks. From the latest technologies, these fine art prints will last 100 years or longer when properly framed with acid free archival matting under UV preservation glass.
- All purchases are CALCULATED BY WEIGHT and ZIP CODE. You will see the shipping charge in the Shopping Cart before purchasing.
- Prints over 8 x 10 are very carefully rolled and packaged in a 'crush-proof' mailing tube or you may request flat shipping. Contact me for the exact charge.
- All purchases leave the studio within 1 business day of cleared payment though Paypal or Credit/Debit Card.
- Allow 3 - 7 business days for delivery within the USA depending on location.
- Gift Shipping available. Provide alternate shipping address at checkout or email me.
- Contact the Artist below for local purchase in Raymond, Washington.
- Returnable within 30 days in original 'new' condition, if not satisfied.
- Buyer pays return shipping.
- Please contact me to initiate return code for processing.
NOTE: The Watermark - "©MaryIrwinArt.com" as shown here occurs over every online product image is for WEB security ONLY. It will not appear on any product image purchased.