Kaech Homestead, c. 1929 - Card
Kaech Homestead, c. 1929 - Card
This is the historic "Kaech House" in the rural countryside along State HWY 6 in Frances, Washington - known for its 'Moonshine' still.
The 3 story farm house was built in 1929 by immigrants of Switzerland. It was almost entirely paid for by proceeds from the area famous Kaech family's 'Moonshine' still in the barn on the property. Although the 'Prohibition' of alcohol was in full swing in those years, the Kaech's were widely known for their quality moonshine and sold it on a regular basis. The turquoise blue clear bottles depicted on the front porch are what the Kaech's bottled there famous product in.
This was a piece commissioned to me at the request of Debbie Clements, a grand daughters of Mrs. Kaech depicted here on the porch. It was painted from a reference 3" black and white snapshot -decades old- along with her explanation of memories she had as a child. Thankfully, she was able to relate them to me in great detail. Her memories of the fence, the yard, the flower types, the moonshine bottles on the porch, the Swiss flag, the all the colors depicted here are from her memory. Even her grandmothers shape! Without her precious input, the paintings accuracy would have never been possible!
The house had deteriorated over the years and was torn down in the summer of 2011 as I was painting this picture. All that was left was the foundation. It was rebuilt to look nearly identical to the original!
- Images have an approximate 1/8" white border.
- Printed with Epson Ultrachrome Archival non-fading pigmented inks. Deep rich colors.
- Cards are printed on the highest quality bright white, 100% cotton rag. A heavy 88lb semi-smooth matte stock paper.
- Professionally designed card back, with the painting title and Artists website.
- Matching size envelopes.
- Single cards are in a protective crystal clear cello envelope.
- Orders of 5 cards are also each in individual clear cello envelopes.
- Orders of 10 or more shipped FLAT with matching white envelopes (you fold on score). No clear cello envelopes provided.
You can order just one card in quantities, or a quantity of mixed cards by title.
1 = $4.50
5 = $20 ($4.00 ea)
10 = $38.00 ($3.80 ea)
15 = $52.50 ($3.50 ea)
How to Order a quantity of MIXED title selections:
- Open ANY image; Choose a quantity: (1, 5, 10, or 15) then click 'PURCHASE'. A box will pop up asking which titles you would like to purchase.
- Choose the Titles you want for the number of cards you have selected. (It helps to keep a 2nd browser tab open to the Cards tab).
- If you have any special requests, for example: I'd like "2 of this title, 3 of that title" - write that down in the SPECIAL COMMENTS BOX.
- Or just contact me, I will customize an order for you.
****NOTE: If list is NOT filled out - you will receive the selected quantity of the SAME card.
- MULTIPLE ITEMS of DIFFERENT TYPES? CHOOSE: US PRIORITY MAIL by weight.
- MULTIPLE CARDS? As possibly a cheaper option, CHOOSE: SMALL PRIORITY FLAT RATE BOX
- All in stock purchases leave the studio within 1 business day of cleared payment though Paypal or Credit/Debit Card.
- Allow 3 - 7 business days for delivery within the USA depending on location.
- Gift Shipping available. Provide alternate shipping address at checkout or email me.
- 'Contact the Artist' below for local purchase in Raymond, Washington to arrange for pick up.
- Returnable within 30 days in original 'new' condition, if not satisfied.
- Buyer pays return shipping.
- Please contact me to initiate return code for processing.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT THE ARTIST HERE
NOTE: The Watermark '©MaryIrwinArt.com' is for WEB PROTECTION ONLY.
It will not appear on any product image purchased.